- To support researchers and practitioners through access to training, RTMDx software, and advice on matters of spatial risk analysis;
- To support professional development;
- To promote emerging research and professional practice applications of Risk Terrain Modeling (RTM); and
- To encourage innovative and productive applications of RTM that address contemporary issues, in the public's best interests.
Awards are based on merit. Awards are vouchers for a total 6-month subscription to the RTM Training and Continuing Education (RTMTCE) Program. This Program offers training, RTMDx software, technical support and consultation from dedicated RCPS associates. A 3-month voucher is awarded initially and extended for an additional 3 months upon receipt of an interim report documenting meaningful progress on the project. Vouchers have no monetary value.
- Applicants can be from any country in the world (if not under US embargo). US citizenship or residency is not required.
- Professional practitioners, pracademics, academic researchers, instructors/faculty/teachers, and PhD students who have defended their dissertation proposals are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- RCPS supports projects that apply Risk Terrain Modeling (RTM) to issues affecting people and places at a local or global level.
- Applications are evaluated based on the Review Committee's assessment of criteria such as: feasibility, applicability, methodology, theoretical foundation, experiential observations, professional development needs, practice/policy implications, and/or sustainability. No specific weight is given to any one area.
- Proposals are evaluated based on overall merit of all aspects of the application.
- Awards are made to individuals (or small teams of individuals working together), not agencies or institutions.
- Recipients cannot use the Gratis Program, or its awarded resources, for commercial interests or direct personal financial gain.
- Recipients are expected to acknowledge resources and assistance provided by RCPS in any publications, presentations, visual/video/audio works, or other products resulting from the project. Recipients should notify RCPS with details of such work products, and share details for public dissemination and acclamation by RCPS.
- Vouchers to the RTM Training and Continuing Education Program are issued immediately upon acceptance by the recipient of their award selection.
- Awards are administered on a rolling basis.
- RCPS reserves the right to limit the number of awards issued, without notice.