- To support researchers and practitioners through access to training and advice on matters of spatial risk analysis;
- To promote emerging research and professional practice applications of Risk Terrain Modeling (RTM); and
- To encourage innovative and productive applications of RTM that address contemporary issues, in the public's best interests.
Awards are based on merit. Awards include online self-guided training, technical support and consultation. RTMDx software is available to awardees through Simsi as an extended free trial subscription for the purpose of completing the proposed project. Free extended access to RTMDx is based on need and other considerations. The application form (below) serves as a dual application to (1) RCPS for the Gratis Program and (2) Simsi for trial access to RTMDx software.
- Applicants can be from any country in the world (if not under US embargo).
- Professional practitioners, pracademics, academic researchers, instructors/faculty/teachers, and students are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- RCPS supports projects that apply Risk Terrain Modeling (RTM) to issues affecting people and places at a local or global level.
- Applications are evaluated based on the Review Committee's assessment of criteria such as: feasibility, applicability, methodology, theoretical foundation, experiential observations, professional development needs, practice/policy implications, and/or sustainability. No specific weight is given to any one area.
- Proposals are evaluated based on needs of the applicant and overall merit of all aspects of the application.
- Awardees receive immediate and automatic consideration for an extended free trial of RTMDx software by Simsi.
- Awards are made to individuals (or small teams of individuals working together), not agencies or institutions.
- Recipients cannot use the Gratis Program, or its related resources, for commercial interests or direct personal financial gain.
- Recipients are expected to acknowledge resources and assistance provided by RCPS in any publications, presentations, visual/video/audio works, or other products resulting from the project.
- RCPS reserves the right to limit the number of awards issued, without notice.