- To support researchers and practitioners through access to training, RTMDx software, and advice on matters of spatial risk analysis;
- To support professional development;
- To promote emerging research and professional practice applications of Risk Terrain Modeling (RTM); and
- To encourage innovative and productive applications of RTM that address contemporary issues, in the public's best interests.
Awards are based on merit. Awards include online self-guided training, technical support and consultation, and a subscription to RTMDx software for up to 3 months, based on project needs and other considerations.
- Applicants can be from any country in the world (if not under US embargo). US citizenship or residency is not required.
- Professional practitioners, pracademics, academic researchers, instructors/faculty/teachers, and students encouraged to apply.
- Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- RCPS supports projects that apply Risk Terrain Modeling (RTM) to issues affecting people and places at a local or global level.
- Applications are evaluated based on the Review Committee's assessment of criteria such as: feasibility, applicability, methodology, theoretical foundation, experiential observations, professional development needs, practice/policy implications, and/or sustainability. No specific weight is given to any one area.
- Proposals are evaluated based on needs of the applicant and overall merit of all aspects of the application.
- Awards are made to individuals (or small teams of individuals working together), not agencies or institutions.
- Recipients cannot use the Gratis Program, or its awarded resources, for commercial interests or direct personal financial gain.
- Recipients are expected to acknowledge resources and assistance provided by RCPS in any publications, presentations, visual/video/audio works, or other products resulting from the project. Recipients should notify RCPS with details of such work products, and share details for public dissemination and acclamation by RCPS.
- RCPS reserves the right to limit the number of awards issued, without notice.